Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oreo Truffles

I didn't indulge in any sweets over Easter, so I decided to make my own post-Easter treats. Plus, I'm on Spring Break and wanted something to do. This was messier than I expected. I think little kids would love to help participate in this one!


You will need:
About 10 Oreo cookies
8oz Cream Cheese
White Chocolate Chips
Milk Chocolate Chips
Canola Oil
Assorted Sprinkles

In a food processor or blender, chop up the Oreo cookies. In a separate bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Mix in the chopped cookies and stir until it's a consistent grey mixture. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour to solidify the mixture. Once cooled, shape the mixture into teaspoon size balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place the balls in the freezer while completing the next step. Melt the chocolate in two separate bowls, one for white and one for the milk chocolate.  I added a few splashes of Canola Oil in with the chocolate to even out the consistency. Take the balls out of the freezer. Put a ball on a fork and with your other hand, spoon the melted chocolate over the balls until they look cute (this took me a while to perfect). Return to the lined cookie sheet and add your favorite sprinkles or topping. Once all your Oreo balls are covered, return to the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes about 30 truffles. 

**This is a great dessert for any occasion. By melting different colored chocolates and adding different sprinkles and toppings, the possibilities are endless!! I'm considering making these again for my sister's graduation from East Carolina University. Purple chocolate and yellow sprinkles, or visa versa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment