Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Quinoa

MORE QUINOA?! Can you believe it? The possibilities with this super grain are endless.  Did you know one serving has eight grams of protein and five grams of fiber. Amazing! Since Mac and Cheese is my all time favorite food, I decided to try to make Mac and Cheese Quinoa. I wanted to mix in some veggies and chicken to make a "casserole" of out if.  My mistake here was I mixed cheddar cheese with Italian style cheese, since I did not have enough cheddar. I highly recommend using all cheddar when you make this.


You will need:
One cup quinoa, uncooked
10 oz of chopped broccoli
one chicken breast, cooked and cubed
minced garlic
Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
one cup of milk
Panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Cook the quinoa as directed (one part quinoa, two parts water, or chicken broth). Once cooked, add two cups of cheddar, two eggs, garlic, and one cup of milk into the mixture. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add in the mixings. I decided on broccoli and chicken, but you can really use whatever your heart desires. Pour into a greased casserole dish and top with another layer of cheese and panko bread crumbs. Bake for 20 -30 minutes. 

**I ate this by itself as a meal for dinner. We used the left overs the next day as a side with grilled chicken, and then even more left overs the following day paired with london broil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment