Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quinoa Pizza Bites

I know what you're thinking: "How much quinoa does this chick buy?"  But seriously y'all, it's the best grain ever! I even made PIZZA out of it.  This are so yummy and so simple to make. I replaced beef pepperoni with turkey pepperoni, so it's a little healthier.  This would be great in a lunch box, or even as an appetizer on Italian night. The best part? It's healthy pizza!! Can you believe it??




Here's what you need:
2 cups of cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of chopped turkey pepperoni
2 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp paprika


Preheat oven to 350. Mix together all ingredients.  Scoop into a mini muffin tin, or in my case, silicone muffin tins. I like the silicone ones because they did not stick to the sides. Be sure to really compact the mixture into the muffin tins so it bakes all together and does not fall apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes. I cooked mine for a three extra minutes since my muffin tins were a bit larger. Enjoy!

**Dip these in your favorite pizza sauce! Oh, and I guess you can add chopped onion if you really want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment