Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicken Alouette

I literally just finished eating this and I need to post the recipe ASAP. It was AMAZING!!!!!

I had some reduced-fat crescent rolls in the refrigerator that needed to be eaten. And I had a coupon for any Alouette spreadable cheese. Combine the two with a chicken breast and you have Chicken Alouette.



Here's what you need:
(this is for two people)

One package of crescent roll dough
One chicken breast, cut in half
Any flavor of Alouette Spreadable Cheese (I used Spinach Artichoke)
Salt and Pepper
1 Egg White
Splash of Water

Spread the dough out on a flat surface covered in flour. Cut into four squares, and then cut one of the squares in half.  Place a generous spoonful or two of your Alouette cheese on top of two squares of dough. Sprinkle your chicken breast halves with salt and pepper, and place on top of the cheese. Top the chicken with the half squares of dough, and roll the lower dough up, surrounding the chicken breast. With the extra dough, use your creativity and make fun shapes to top your chicken. I did a braid on one and made the other look like a football. Mix together the egg white and water, and brush over the crescent covered chicken. Bake on 400 for 20 minutes. Serve with a veggie, like asparagus.


I started with just half, but it was so yummy I can back to finish the rest! 

** You can roll the dough in order to thin it, therefor being able to make more chicken breasts without having to buy more dough. I wanted mine to be extra crescent roll-y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment