Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chick Pea Salad

I have had a can of Garbonzo Beans in my pantry forever, and I wanted to put it to use.  I came across this recipe online and thought it looked great!! It has all the veggies that I will actually eat (minus red onions, which were NOT added to my salad). I pretty much will eat anything that contains black olives and feta, mmmmmm.  This was so light and fresh, and healthy!! Check it out.



You will need:
One 15 oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup of sliced black olives
One small roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup of cucumber, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
Two or three fresh basil leaves, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of feta cheese
1/2 cup of red onion, diced (IF YOU DARE)

splash of lemon juice
splash of red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
oregano
one large spoonful of plain greek yogurt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir it together until the dressing is consistent. Enjoy!

**This would be great for a yummy healthy lunch. It would also be awesome as a topper on some yummy grilled chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment