Thursday, July 26, 2012

Apple and Brie Tarts

Brie is one of my favorite cheeses. I love to melt it on a whole wheat english muffin with some grape jelly for a snack or for breakfast. Since I purchased a Costco size wheel of Brie, I needed to think of some creative recipes and fast. Here's what we had for dessert last night, although it would have been an excellent breakfast as well. (I accidentally purchase pie crust instead of pastry dough. Use crescent roll dough)




You will need:
One package of crescent roll dough
one green apple, sliced
a few thick slices of brie, with the rind on
cinnamon
brown sugar
egg whites
butter

Divide the dough into fourth and cut into four squares.  Place a slice of brie on each square and top with a few apple slices. Sprinkle your desired amount of cinnamon and brown sugar on top and place a small pad of butter to top it off. Brush each corner with egg whites and fold the dough into an "envelope" around the cheese and apples. Brush the top with more egg whites. Bake for 20 minutes on 400.

**Joe was so mad I did not have an ice cream to go with this as a dessert. It tastes like apple pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment