Saturday, July 21, 2012

Greek Style Quinoa

I love coming up with variations for quinoa. It's the new super grain! I took the basic recipe for a cucumber salad and added quinoa to make it more filling for dinner the other night. I purposely made extra so I would have lunch the next day. I think it tasted better refrigerated.



You will need:
one breast of cooked chicken, cubed
half of a large cucumber, peeled and cubed
a handful of grape tomatoes, halved
half a can of black olives
feta to your liking
one cup of cooked quinoa
olive oil
red wine vinegar
oregano
garlic salt
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!! Refrigerate left overs for a no hassle lunch the following day.

**Chopped red onion would be a nice addition, if you are into those things.







No comments:

Post a Comment