Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Run/Walk the Boardwalk

Welllll.... technically I ran to the end of the Virginia Beach boardwalk.
I am in this picture somewhere!

My awesome gym EVOFIT has started a Run Club to help individuals train for 5k and Half Marathons.  Last night was my first attempt.  Our warm up with a mile run to the NORTH end of the boardwalk. Half a mile there and half a mile back. Following that was the actual work out, which I enjoyed since it wasn't long distances. After each 400m lap, each runner received a playing card. At the end, I ended up with a poker hand! The person with the best poker hand got a sweet prize.

Following the run, EVOFIT provided cold beers and a raffle for an Ipod shuffle. The girls from Lululemon had a few of their running items up for sale. There were runners of all levels. Everyone was super encouraging. I'm am so glad I made it out. Great night!

Here is the work out! The amount of burpees, squats, etc was decided by randomly drawing a card from the deck.


No comments:

Post a Comment