Monday, February 10, 2014

Sweet Potato Biscuits

I had some extra sweet potatoes laying around so I decided to make my own sweet potato biscuits! Next time I think I will add some more sugar, but regardless these tasted great warmed up with butter!



You will need:
2 cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1.5 cups of flour (plus more for sprinkling)
6 tablespoon of butter, cold and chopped
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of milk

Preheat oven to 425. Mix together all dried ingredients, add butter and stir until a crumble-ish consistency.. In a separate bowl, whisk mashed sweet potatoes with the milk. Combine both mixtures and stir until a dough is formed. Add more milk if the mixture needs to be moistened. Knead as needed (ha!). Sprinkle flour on your work space and roll out the dough into a large circle, about 1 -1.5 inch thick. With your biscuit cutter, or in my case the rim of a small wine glass, cut out small circles in the dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Serve warm!

**This were amazing with cinnamon butter!


Click here for all my recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment