Saturday, February 25, 2012

Belated Valentines Post

  Valentine's Day should probably be dubbed "Chocolate Day".  I have never received so many different forms of chocolate in my life.  With this new workout and get-fit craze, I thought it was important to give my little kiddos something salty rather than sweet this year. I found this Valentine idea on Pinterest, along with many other cute non-candy ideas.  Goldfish are the equivalent of catnip for my class of one year olds. Therefore I decided on this!!


  
 My school is located in a Presbyterian church here in Norfolk. We try to encourage Christian values into all of our young sponges.  One year old's obviously do not understand too much about religion, faith, and God. However we still say a little prayer at snack time (God is great. God is good. Let us thank Him for our food. Amen), and they definitely are caught singing different Christian based songs learned in our daily music class.  This craft was more for the parents than the children, but I absolutely loved the idea for decorating the hallway outside of our classroom. 

Who would have guessed that John 3:16 had a hidden meaning?!


No comments:

Post a Comment