Saturday, February 25, 2012

First Blog Ever!!

I'm so excited to venture into the blogosphere! A little bit about myself: I am a 23 year old Preschool Teacher who recently discovered Pinterest.  If you know this site, you know how drastically it can change a woman's life for the better! If you do not know of this site, you are truly missing out.  Pinterest has inspired my new found love of cooking and baking, DIY projects, and preschool arts and crafts.  I'm hoping to start this blog to post and document my new creative side. It may be more for myself, but if you come across my blog please enjoy the ride!







But what's with the "Kitchin"?

People have always been fascinated by my middle name: Kitchin. Many Roanoke College alumni still believe that my parents were hippies and named me for the room where I was conceived (drunk people are so gullible).  Growing up it took me a while to accept that I will have this name for the rest of my life. But once I discovered the awesome genealogy behind the name, I became much more willing to share the true meaning behind the "K" in my monogram.  Turns out my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather (I think he was that great), was Governor William Walton Kitchin, the 52nd governor of North Carolina! Pretty cool, right?

 I've always pictured a restaurant or cafe called "Kitchin's Kitchen", but while I do not own a contemporary eatery, this is the next best place to publish my quirky middle name!

No comments:

Post a Comment