Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Summer inspired dinner

Did anyone else notice the amazing weather this week?? I just had to get outside and grill (I even enjoyed a cold beer!). Avocados are full of nutritious yumminess. I think of avocado as more of a summer season fruit, so I wanted to incorporate it into my dinner last night. I chopped tomato and avocado, added some feta and a splash of lime juice. It was so delicious on top of some BBQ sauce marinated grilled chicken! I paired the entree with roasted baby reds, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.


For the Avocado Salad:
1 ripe avocado
1 tomato (can also use cherry tomatoes)
lime juice
feta cheese
dash of salt and pepper

Cube the avocado and tomato, add a splash of lime juice, top with your desired amount of Feta Cheese, and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Stir the mixture and you're done! Serve on top of grilled chicken or as a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment