Thursday, March 29, 2012

White Bean and Chicken Salad

I wanted a nice side dish for our picnic lunch this weekend at the Homestead! It's so expensive there, so Joe and I decided to brown bag a few of our meals. This salad was found on My Recipes. I kind of made up my own version of this, but I'll post the original recipe for y'all.



You will need:
2 cups of cooked shredded chicken 
1 cup chopped tomato (I bought a can of diced ..guilty) 
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
2 cans of white beans (I used Great Northern) 

Dressing:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp extravirgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced

Mix the Salad ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients and stir with a whisk. Pour over salad and stir it all together. YUM! and so much protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment