Thursday, June 6, 2013

Belated Birthday Post






This year my 25th Birthday fell on a Saturday (May 11), so of course we needed to celebrate the fact that I was turning a quarter of a century old! With the help of my family, coworkers and amazing boyfriend I was able to throw the best birthday ever! My dad came over early Saturday to drop off the canopy tent, as well as bags and bags full of plates and platters from my parents house.  We starting setting up immediately for our party with about 30 of my closest friends. Unfortunately I didn't take my pictures.

Table Seven Antiques provided a lot of the decorations. We used vintage milk bottles in the original crate with green striped paper straws to serve the punch.  I labeled the punch by writing with chalk on an old piece of slate found in the backyard. The table runner is made of brown paper which made for a super easy clean up, also supplied from Table Seven.  Vintage crates and buoys added a nautical theme to the party.

The birthday cake was made by my amazing coworker. She has such a talent. Everything you see is edible. She even made those white chocolate shells! It was strawberry flavored inside. INCREDIBLE! Probably the best cake I have ever had (sorry, Mom).

Birthday Menu:

Appetizers:
Clams
Pimento Cheese
Corn and Black Bean Dip

Dinner:
Burgers
Linda's Famous Mac and Cheese
Chips

Desserts:
Homemade Nutter Butters (original recipe)
 Birthday Cake

Bevvys:
Whisky Sour Punch
Keg Beer
Wine

Vintage Milk Bottles with Paper Straws





Best 25th Birthday ever! How awesome is that cake??


 Shout out to my sister, Margaret for making the Corn and Black Bean Dip and the Homemade Nutter Butters!!




No comments:

Post a Comment