Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Eat at Small's



A few month's ago a very close family friend opened an amazing barbecue joint, Small's Smokehouse and Oyster Bar in Norfolk near Old Dominion University.  Joe and I had to try it. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, so next time we go I'll be sure to take a few snapshots.

The location of the restaurant has been in the Small family for generations, as it was originally Small's Hardware Store, local to the ODU area. John Small and son Logan decided to open the place, and man am I  glad they did!

I ordered the Pulled Smoked Chicken sandwich with a side of their Signature Baked Mac and Cheese. Joe ordered the Beef Brisket Sandwich, also with the Mac and Cheese. You can choose between a wrap or a deliciously toasted bun. We were in hog heaven!  I highly recommend stopping in for some great home-cooking, or let Small's cater your next event!

Small's Smokehouse and Oyster Bar
2700 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23517
757-626-3440

From Small's website: Applewood smoked bacon wrapped shrimp!



1 comment: