Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Beach Darty!


Saturday's weather couldn't have been better for a beach party with my closest friends!  I was literally waiting by the door for my friends to arrive. I was so excited!  Around 1:00 Taylor and Jillian arrived at the my house and we headed straight for the beach with a cooler of beer and lots of snacks. About an hour later, our friend Leslie arrived, followed by Britney, James and their little nugget brewing in Brit's belly.  Some more friends were down the beach a little ways and walked over to hang out with us.

Living down at the ocean front has spoiled me rotten. We were able to sit and enjoy the beach for about 4 hours and head up to the house to start cooking. We probably drank a total of four cases of beer throughout the day. We cooked chicken kabobs, hot dogs, and peppers on the grill. And we had mac and cheese and potato salad on the side (and of course pimento cheese).   After dinner we meandered onto the front porch and enjoyed the perfect weather with great friends by candle light. Our evening finished with a free firework show down the beach!! I really couldn't imagine a better summer day.

Nothing like a beach day with my friends!!


Jillian decided to bring Skinny Girl Cucumber Vodka. It's so refreshing and light! We paired it with Perrier sparkling water for a perfect beach bevvy.


** If you were not already aware a "darty" is a day party. Hence the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment